A new sort of writing...

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I have been thinking of writing a food blog for a long time. Like a lot of other things, I spent more time thinking and lesser doing anything about it. I am used to doing life blogging, but this would require a little more precision and dedication.
My journey with cooking started 2 years back, when I got married. As traditional as that sounds, it's not! It's more to do with survival, when you don't live with your parents anymore. It also has to do with the freedom that your own kitchen offers you... like a blank page, waiting to be filled up by whatever suits your fancy.
I was never the kind to do domestic chores at home, much less do full-fledged cooking. But, I discovered that cooking gave my sense of adventure a flight - and it appealed to my "get-it-right the first time" and "getting high on end results" attitude.
Over the last 2 years, I have relied more on cooking blogs than on my own mother's advice.. and I am starting to write this blog as a tribute to all those beautiful ladies who whip up their own portions of magic in their loved one's lives - Laavanya, Sia, Madhuram, Kribha, Indira, Saffron Trail, and many many more..

Here's to a brand new blog...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Moonlighting Chef Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino